20 June 2013

Out with the old, in with the new

I spent a bit of time yesterday clearing off the school bookshelves. I pulled off all the books, workbooks, etc. that we're done with for this year to make room for the new stuff. I found the history books that I already have for Rosie Jane for next year and put those on her shelves. I still have a bunch of stuff I need to order, which I'll be doing soon. Once I do that, those rather empty bookshelves will be full of new books, new ideas, interesting stuff to learn.Until then though, they're looking rather empty.

I still have a mess on my desk, grades that need to be finalized and put on the transcript, reading lists to update, course descriptions to write, and some other end of the year things to finalize. It will get done, just not this week. This week we're in the home stretch of dance and besides dance classes Monday and Wednesday nights, there's dress rehearsal tonight and tomorrow night, and the recital on Saturday. After that it will finally feel like summer - all the regular school year activities will be completed and we can move on to summer fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment