03 September 2012

Week 1 - DONE

We've made it through the first week of school, mostly in one piece. A couple of courses (physics and algebra II) were a little tough for Sweet Pea, but I think we'll make it. We have yet to actually start everything. I know some families take a slow start like this and ramp up but we usually don't. This year we just weren't organized enough to start everything at once. I added some things to an order a friend was making and a few items were backordered. Hopefully that will come in this week so I can get the workbooks I ordered and Rosie Jane can get started on them. Her science is also delayed. I've finally gone through the science kits and know what we need to order but the website was down, well, not really down but acting wonky and I couldn't order. Sent them an email (I hope!) and hope to get it ordered this week so they (Rosie Jane and her bff) can get started on science.

We still have a week of easing in before things get crazy around here. The girls' language classes don't start until Sept. 10/11 and Rosie Jane's dance classes start then as well. Once we add in French, German, and Russian, that will take an hour out of each of their days. They both enjoy those classes and have been doing well in them. Adding them in just means longer school days than we've had so far. I think school will take longer anyway, now that they're in 8th and 10th grades.

We're set for week 2, we'll see how it goes.

1 comment:

  1. Glad your first week went well! I'm still waiting on stuff to come in.

    ReplyDelete