20 February 2012

It's only February

Yep, it's only late February and I'm already thinking about school next year. I have most of the courses/curriculum picked out but still have a few glaring holes to fill. I also have some weaknesses that need to be addressed next year. The main thing both girls need work on is writing; all sorts of writing except creative writing in the case of Sweet Pea. I've been mulling over IEW (Institute for Excellence in Writing) since I keep hearing really good things about it but it's really expensive. I just spent some time (again) looking over their website since it's been a few years since I last looked at it. I think I've found a way I can make it work for both girls and be affordable, I just need to think about it a bit more. I'm thinking I'll probably get it and have them work on the writing together next year and also do some separate grammar and vocab with Rosie Jane.

Apparently I'm procrastinating in figuring out what science to do with Sweet Pea next year. I'm pretty sure it'll be biology but I'm not sure what we're going to use. I'd kind of like to do something totally out of the box with her but really don't feel comfortable pulling something together myself especially at the high school level. Science really isn't my thing.

We're all looking forward to our mini-vacation later in the week. It's time for our annual trip to New Hampshire to play in the snow. Only problem is that they don't have any snow! I guess it'll be time to play with the 8 month old nephew (who is as cute as a button!!) instead of in the snow. After that it's back to school probably for the duration. I don't think we'll take a spring break this year and instead just a few days off here and there to enjoy the nice weather.

No comments:

Post a Comment